The Village School
This schoolhouse was in operation from around 1824 until 1952, when the Owl’s Head Central School was built. The first OH town meeting was held here on August 29, 1921. The OH Fire Department was formed in 1953 and the Old Village School became the fire house until the current fire house was built in 1960. After this, the schoolhouse was used as storage by the fire department and the town until the Mussel Ridge Historical society leased the property on November 17, 2008.